Sun, Feb 23|
The Pie Shoppe
Layer cake decorating workshop - Intermediate
Come join me for an intermediate cake decorating workshop in a small class. Some experience necessary.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2020, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The Pie Shoppe, 1875 Powell St, Vancouver, BC V5L 1H8, Canada
About the event
In this workshop you will learn the basics of cake decorating:
- An overview on the basics of layered cakes (trim, fillings, crumb coating)
- Covering a cake with French vanilla buttercream in different tones and layers
- Colour theory and how to apply colour to buttercream
- Achieving sharp edges
- Adding stencils
- Creating a "fault line"
- Adding text with fondant
- Flower placement
PLUS a demo on how to make my vanilla cake, tips on storing and much more.
- 4 layers of 6in vanilla cakes
- buttercream and different fillings to choose from (curds, jams, fresh fruit, dulce de leche, etc)
- all tools provided
- continious online support
You get to take home a beautiful cake to share with friends and family. Plus you will receive my favourite vanilla cake and buttercream recipes. Light snacks and drinks provided.
Cake decorating - Intermediate
Ticket includes hands on decoration, instructions, materials, recipes, light refreshments and after class online support. Plus a super fun time!$250.00